Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Let Off the Steam

I'm feelin' mighty low, Hoss.

I've lost the husband of one friend - however ephemeral that online friendship - and another friend at church is not expected to last out the week. Please pray for George, btw. James has been ill with fever off and on for a couple of weeks.

A combination of battering storms, tension concerning my brother and his health, the loss of friends and my helplessness in the face of that, my own struggles with finances, worries about employment - added to which is a mysterious "meeting" to be held to inform us about changes in our health insurance - and general hay-feverishness have got me exhausted. I've really been going all out in meditation, too, aided and encouraged by Eckhart Tolle, but, when you're a type-A personality, it's difficult to know when or how to say, "Okay, that's all I can do now."

I feel strangely drained.

I'm not asking for prayers, just letting off steam, telling the blog because there's really no one else. I'm not profoundly depressed. Not suicidal. Not homicidal. Not in a crisis of faith. Just tired and feeling a need to bitch and whine.

5 comments:

Lindy said...

I think there must be a lot of that going around these days. But, that's a good use of your blog... let off the steam and then get back in there and keep going. Best to you Mark.

KJ said...

Dammit!


Amen

terri c said...

By all means let off steam!!! When I was a kid, back when there were dinosaurs, one of my favorite radio personalities used to say something like, "Stand back! I am about to Hurl an Invective!" I think it's good.

June Butler said...

Mark, I hope you have no objection if I pray for you along with the others that you mention. Life is a bitch sometimes, so prayers for you ascend.

MarkBrunson said...

Thanks Lindy, KJ, Terri, and Mimi.

Mimi, why would I object?!

Life is a bitch, but, objectively, everyone dies, George is facing his death far better than I've ever faced life and health insurance of any kind is the exception rather than the rule throughout most of the world, so, as I said, just yelling.

I find that much better than the previous tactic of denying the emotions and building up until I can't control the reaction. Plus, acknowledging it is what allows me to see the wider picture around it.